Sunday, February 14, 2010

Opening Ceremonie favs

Hello all :)
Here is a small explanation of what a Tilt-Shift Lens is - which is what I used to shoot most of my photos of the opening ceremonies with. Had I any idea of the fact that I was sitting 3rd row on the floor, 30 feet away from the flag bearers I maybe would have rented a long lens...but since I assumed that I would be higher up I thought it might be fun to experiment with a tilt-shift lens... For those of you who are unaware of the effects of this lens, I will give a small explanation. This lens uses the effect of selective focus, that it achieves via tilt and or shift. It is often used to simulate a miniature scene. I knew from the moment that I received this ticket that this would be a once in a life opportunity that would seem surreal. Sitting there I felt tiny, a feeling that I wanted to simulate in my photographs. I have re-posted my favorite and most successful images from the night...

















3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/14/2010

    Thanks Nick, I needed to read it twice anyway!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha mom thanks for saying something :) I didn't realize it was up there 2 times :)

    ReplyDelete